Know Your Customer (KYC) is a one-time process which helps in identification of the subscribers by linking the UAN (Universal Account) with KYC details.
- KYC is a one-time process which helps in identification of subscribers
- You can claim for many services only if your KYC process is done
- It is important that your EPF account is KYC acquiescent
Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation is basically a social security body that is mainly responsible for running the largest mandatory state pension scheme for people in India. Just like for every scheme you need to fill out the KYC form; the PF account also requires KYC details.
It is very important that your Employee’s Provident Fund (EPF) account is KYC acquiescent. If your EPF account is not KYC compliant, then it becomes difficult for you to avail all the services online on the Employees Provident Fund Organisation’s (EPFO) Member e-Sewa Portal.
Know Your Customer (KYC) is a one-time process that helps in the identification of the subscribers by linking the UAN (Universal Account) with KYC details.
If you fill out your KYC, then you can go for many services like filing withdrawal claims, transfer of accounts, making nominations etc. There are chances that EPFO could also reject the service request raised by you and will ask you to make your account KYC acquiescent.
Steps for how you can complete your KYC process:
- Firstly, visit the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and enter your UAN number and log in.
- You will see a Manage Tab. Select the KYC option. A form will appear on your screen.
- Click on the tickbox which is available next to the documents you are going to upload.
- Fill in all the information related to your documents and click on the Save button.
- Once you are finished filling out all the necessary details required, your KYC will go under ‘KYC Pending for approval’ option.
- Once it is approved, the status of your KYC will be shown in the ‘Digitally approved KYC’ section.
Things to remember
- You must always keep in mind that in order to claim online submission, your Aadhaar card must be linked to UAN.
- Your bank account with the correct IFSC must be linked to UAN to withdraw EPF on time.
- PAN is also necessary to withdraw funds on jobs below 5 years.
- Online withdrawals are also possible only when your KYC details are filled out properly.
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s complete coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.