The Gujarat government on Wednesday announced that Covid curbs in the state will be relaxed from June 11. Religious places and gyms will be permitted to open.
The Gujarat government on Wednesday announced that Covid curbs in the state will be relaxed from June 11. Religious places and gyms will be permitted to open. (Photo: PTI file)
The Gujarat government on Wednesday announced that the Covid-induced lockdown in the state will be eased from 6 am on June 11.
Here’s what will change:
- Restaurants and hotels can remain open from 9 am to 7 pm. Dine-in services can be offered but with only 50 per cent seating capacity. Home delivery of food can continue to be offered till 12 am.
- Business establishments including small shops, shopping complexes, paan stalls, beauty parlours and so on will be permitted to remain open from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Libraries can open with 50 per cent seating capacity.
- Gardens and parks can remain open from 6 am to 7 pm.
- Gymnasiums can open with 50 per cent strength.
- Students who are planning to go abroad for further studies will be able to give exams like IELTS and TOEFL.
- Places of worship will be permitted to open. However, only 50 people will be allowed at any given point of time.
- Political and social gatherings will be allowed but with a cap of 50 people.
- Bus services will operate with 60 per cent seating capacity.
All citizens and establishments must continue following Covid protocol strictly even as the lockdown is eased, the government order said.
Night curfew from 9 pm to 6 am will remain imposed in 36 towns of Gujarat. Weekly markets, educational institutions, coaching centres, cinema halls, auditoriums, amusement parks and swimming pools will remain closed.
On Wednesday, Gujarat reported 644 new Covid-19 cases and 10 deaths in 24 hours. The state currently has 14,724 active cases.
644 New cases
10 Deaths reported
14724 Active Cases,346 on ventilator
2,66,222 Got Vaccine Today
1,87,269 people between 18-44 got first dose@MoHFW_INDIA @CMOGuj @PIBAhmedabad @JayantiRavi @JpShivahare @DrNilamPatel04 @ANI pic.twitter.com/kgk6EstcPj
— GujHFWDept (@GujHFWDept) June 9, 2021
Click here for IndiaToday.in’s complete coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.