The Tamil Nadu government on Thursday extended the coronavirus-induced lockdown for another week, till June 21, while announcing a few more relaxations in 27 districts of the state.
In addition to the existing relaxations in the 27 districts where active caseload is comparatively less, the following relaxations will be in effect from June 14 to June 21.
Here’s what’s allowed:
-Beauty parlours, salons and spas can function without air conditioning with 50 per cent occupancy from 6 am to 5 pm
– Government parks and playgrounds can be opened between 6 am and 9 am
– Farming equipment repair and pump set repair shops will be allowed to operate between 9 am and 5 pm
-Spectacle shops will be allowed to open between 9am and 5pm.
-Tasmac shops can open between 10 am and 5 pm.
-Manufacturing of handicraft items and its sale will be allowed between 6 am and 5 pm
-Shops repairing electronic items and selling household items like mixer-grinders, refrigerators and televisions will be permitted to function from 9 am to 2 pm.
-Mobile selling and repair shops to open between 9 am and 2 pm
-Shops selling raw materials for construction can function from 9 am to 2 pm.
-Schools, colleges, university admission related administration procedures will be allowed.
-Export companies can function with 50 per cent capacity.
-Industries can operate with 33 per cent manpower.
-Employees from industries can now avail e-passes for their two wheelers and travel along with their company-issued id card.
-IT and ITES companies can work with 20 per cent workforce or a maximum of 10 people in an office
– Home Financing Companies, Non-banking Financial Companies and all Co-operatives can work at 33 per cent capacity.
Few concessions offered in 11 districts with higher cases
Meanwhile, for 11 districts in Tamil Nadu which still have high Covid-19 cases, previous restrictions continue to remain in place. However, keeping people’s needs in mind, the state government has allowed the following relaxations in these 11 districts: Coimbatore, Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam and Mayiladuthurai.
– Private security offices and housekeeping staff will be permitted with an e-pass
-Electricians, plumbers, motor technicians will be permitted from 9 am to 5 pm with e-registration
-Two-wheeler/four-wheeler workshops and bicycle repair shops will be open between 9 am and 2 pm
– Rental cabs and taxis will operate with three passengers, and autos with two passengers with an e-pass
– Optical retail and service centres will be allowed to operate between 9 am and 2 pm
– Pump set repair shops will be allowed to function between 9 am and 2 pm
– Pottery and handicraft manufacturing and selling will be allowed between 6 am and 5 pm
-Export companies can now function with a 25 per cent workforce.
The state government has mandated e-registration for inter and intra-district travel and also for those willing to enter Tamil Nadu from other states/countries. But these travel restrictions have not been relaxed in the above 11 districts.
Tamil Nadu on Friday reported 15,759 new Covid-19 cases and 378 more fatalities. The active cases in the state stand at 1,74,802.