Everyone knows David Beckham to be an ace football player who has shown off his skill and prowess on the field for years. But did you know that David Beckham is not just a master of the game, but is also an avid foodie? His eldest son Brooklyn Beckham shared a video of his father’s delectable-looking kitchen experiment on his Instagram timeline. In the video, David can be seen cooking a creamy crab risotto with lemon zest and a sprinkling of fresh parsley from their kitchen garden. Risotto is an Italian rice dish cooked with broth and cheese until the rice has a creamy consistency.
To make David Beckham’s special crab risotto you will need the following ingredients:
- Crab Meat
- Lemon Zest
- White Wine
- Risotto Rice
- Parmesan Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Fresh Parsley
- In a pan, heat some butter and add chopped onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Add the garlic and diced celery and saute.
- Add in the risotto rice and stir well, pour in the white wine, and mix.
- Ladle in the stock and mix until all the stock is absorbed, add stock again and bring the risotto to a bubble.
- Add in your cheese and mix continuously until all the stock and cheese have been adsorbed.
- Throw in your crab meat, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Top with fresh parsley, serve hot and enjoy.
The Beckham boys certainly love to cook and Brooklyn and his dad seem to bond in the kitchen the most when they cook sumptuous meals together. The father-son duo rustled up yet another delicious risotto recently, this time a vegetarian one using mushrooms. The tasty mushroom risotto was cooked primarily by Brooklyn while dad David assisted as sous chef stirring occasionally and tasting the dish.
Earlier this year, David Beckham celebrated his birthday with a decadent treat that included two yummy chocolate cakes shaped in his initials ‘D’ and ‘B’. The cakes were generously sprinkled with milk and dark chocolate shavings along with crunchy chocolate chips. We also spotted some tiny brownies alongside the cakes looking just as sinful and inviting.
Are you as surprised as we are by David Beckham’s culinary skills? Let us know in the comments below.