Nearly 100 people fell sick with food poisoning after having meal at a wedding in Rajasthan’s Churu, said an official.
“Some people came to the hospital last night with a complaint of vomiting after attending a wedding in the Shobhasar village. Around 90 people were here. Today, we have discharged all of them,” Reena Chhimpa, the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Churu district’s Sardarshahar told ANI.
The mass food-poisoning led to a chaotic scene at the hospital even as no one complained of serious complications to their health. Several patients had to be shifted out to private hospitals.
Rajasthan: Around 90 people fell ill after having food at a wedding ceremony in Churu y’day.
“Some people came to hospital last night with complaint of vomiting after attending a wedding in Shobhasar village. Around 90 people were discharged after treatment: Sardarshahar SDM pic.twitter.com/nqOTzB05AS
— ANI (@ANI) September 2, 2021
“I think the food served was stale. Hence, many of them were forced to come here. Luckily, nobody’s health condition is serious now,” said a patient’s family in the hospital.